I’m super excited to be nominated for a Liebster Award. A Liebster (a German word for favorite) is a blogger-to-blogger award for blogs with less than 200 followers. I was honored to be nominated by not one, but three bloggers. The delightful Alex of Around Minetta, sweet Jasmin from The Cosy White Cottage, and lovely Karina of A Kreative Life. Alex operates her blog from the tiny spanish island of Mallorca, Jasmin from Germany, and Karina writes out of Sydney, Australia. I’m loving connecting with bloggers all over the world!
The award works like this: I have to tell 11 things about me, answer the 11 questions that Alex, Jasmin and Karina asked, and ask 11 more to 11 bloggers that I will then nominate. Ready? OK. This is fun!
11 Things About Me
1. I have two cats named Atticus Finch and Gorilla.
2. I have my MBA, focusing on Sustainable Enterprise.
3. My husband is gluten-free. I am not, but probably should be.
4. I have sworn I would go either vegetarian or vegan more than once in my life, but have yet to make the plunge.
5. I’m more spiritual than religious, but recite the Lord’s Prayer every time I’m taking off in an airplane. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
6. I have a tendency to count everything I do – chewing food, walking steps, even yoga poses. I always try to end on an even number.
7. I met my husband on the internet.
8. My absolute favorite film of all time is Pride and Prejudice – the Keira Knightley one. I must have seen it over 100 times. But I have the Chinese version of the DVD, so many scenes are censored. I only recently found out Darcy and Lizzie actually kiss in the end.
9. Mac ‘n Cheese is my go-to comfort food. Out of the box. Every time.
10. I’m passionate about juicing my greens.
11. My other life is working as a Community Manager for a software company in San Francisco.
First up: Alex’s questions. She writes her blog in both English and Spanish. I love how it looks in the questions, so I didn’t want to remove it.
Convivial ~ Maternal ~ Curious
What a question! Does blogger/author/food purveyor/homesteader/entrepreneur suffice?
I’ll go with Summer Solstice, because I live for an evening outdoor dinner party.
Alias, hands down.
I’m a big fan of the San Francisco Bay Area, but husband and I have been dreaming of living a year in Bali.
This changes daily, but right now I’d like to be on a boat in Turkey.
The Hunger Games, I believe.
I usually download to my nook/iPad, but like to support my fellow bloggers who have published books by physically buying them.
To fulfill my ever-expanding creative side and reconnect me to my passions.
Here are Jasmin’s questions:
1. What is your favorite novel?
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn – all-time favorite
2. Summer or winter? Which time of the year do you like better?
I thrive on sunshine, so summer!
3. What’s your spleen? (Jasmin explained to me that this is a German expression meaning a habit you have, either good or bad)
I’d say one of my spleens is hit the snooze on my alarm clock every morning, sometimes for over an hour!
4. Favorite Store?
5. Which dessert is the one you can’t get enough of?
Any kind of pie!
6. If you could relive just one day in your life, which one would it be?
I’d like to do my wedding day once more, that was really fun!
7. The best vacation you’ve ever had? Where did you go?
My trip around the world in 2006. I got to go to Brazil, South Africa, India, Burma, Vietnam, and so many other incredible places.
8. What advice would you give your 5-year younger self?
Relax. and enjoy the ride. You’re gonna be just fine. Don’t take that job at the Cheesecake Factory because you are afraid of the economy. You’re better than that.
9. What was the first car you owned?
A green Mazda MX6
10. Skirt or jeans?
11. Which perfume is your signature smell?
I love Burberry Brit, but only on very special occasions.
2. What was a moment/event that changed the course of your life?
Traveling around the world on a ship during college.
3. If someone was to give you one gift, money is no object, what would you want to receive?
The gift of eternal present moment consciousness.
4. What dish are you renowned for cooking?
My green juices, kale salads, or gluten-free fruit galettes.
5. What was your favourite subject at school?
6. Your ultimate career would be?
Like I said before, does blogger/author/food purveyor/homesteader/entrepreneur work?
7. Do your personality traits and interests make you feel as though you should have been born in another era, and why?
I love this question. Yes, there are times I firmly believe I should have been alive during the British Regency (which might have something to do with my obsession with Jane Austen). I think a lot of it has to do with being drawn to the literature, architecture, and culture of the era.
8. Your favourite colour?
Deep, azure blue.
9. What is the most courageous thing you have ever done?
Going for my MBA.
10. Your perfect holiday: relax or explore?
I’m going to cheat again and say both. Whenever I plan vacations, I plan an itinerary of adventures and never account for much needed naps and book reading.
11. What makes you laugh?
Animals. I heart them.
Now it’s my turn to nominate 11 more bloggers for the Liebster award. They might have over 200 followers, but I pass the torch to them:
1. Monica // Stove in the Attic
2. Gina // So…Let’s Hang Out
3. Sarah // Sarah York Presents!
4. Seraphina // Sleep & His Brother
5. Eden // The Road to the Good Life
6. Chedva // Rooms and Words
7. Ana // Stumble Abroad
8. Lauren // Girl and the Abode
9. Mia // Tales of Two
10. Kate // Gluten Free Glow
11. Emma // The Domestic Princess
My Questions to the Nominees
1. Last meal on earth – what are you having?
2. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
3. What is your favorite animal?
4. What makes you smile?
5. What are you grateful for most today?
6. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
7. If you could live in any other country, which one would it be?
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
10. What does your happy place look like?
11. What do you want less of in your life?
~ And there you have it. I’m looking forward to seeing the responses from my nominees. Happy almost Friday! ~