I want to introduce you to one of my very good friends, Briana Borten.
Briana is one of those people who really shows up in life. She believes in speaking truth and embodying what she believes in (like…for real). Our conversations are deep and real and inspiring and joyful all at the same time.
You’d think, with that type of description, that Briana is one of those superwomen you read about online or in magazines and cast off as superhuman – not like you or me who struggles with the daily demands of life and can’t possibly dream of living a life “in balance”.
…I wouldn’t be too sure about that.
Having gotten close with Briana, I can tell you that she struggles with the same things you and I do. She just has a really amazing perspective on it that I’d love to share with you.
Last week, I hopped on skype with Briana to talk about some things that are on my mind this time of year.
Here’s some of what we cover in our 30 min chat:
- How to honor your natural state, particularly as we’re entering a season of dormancy
- Viewing balance from the perspective of nature and asking ourselves what balance looks like to us, rather than what we think it should look like
- The Chinese concept of jing and how to think of managing your energy in a more holistic way
- The role of comparison in your life and how to call in fierce mama bear energy to protect yourself from it
- How dabbling can bring up the urge to quit, and what to do when it gets uncomfortable
- Her creative practices and approach to creativity as a busy mom and entrepreneur
So make yourself a cup of tea, grab a cozy blanket, and press play to listen to our conversation.
Brian and her sweet + brilliant husband, Peter, recently published their book, The Well Life: How to Use Structure, Sweetness, and Space to Create Balance, Happiness, and Peace (You can grab it here) and it’s so so good – especially during this time of year when we’re in a period of deep reflection.
In this book, Briana and Peter show you how to gain perspective and take back control of your life, plain and simple. With a focus on balance, it’s a beautiful guide to living life fully, simply and successfully.
You’ll learn how to transform yourself and your life through healthy Structure, Sweetness and Space.
- Structure will allow you to manage your life and achieve your goals without feeling overwhelmed
- Sweetness will feed your body, mind and soul
- Space will give you inspiration, peace and the ability to connect and grow
By balancing these elements, you will be able to let go of the stress and tension that gets in the way of being happy, authentic and fully present—living The Well Life.
Have any insights from our conversation? I’d love to read them. Leave them in the comments below!
Pin It For Later: